CFO Board Academy
The Prium is the exclusive partner to the CFO Board Academy.
With today’s ever-more complex operating environment and the increasingly intense scrutiny of corporate leadership, where can chief financial officers turn for wise and unbiased counsel? The CFO Board Academy believes the answer lies with those who walk in your shoes, face the same challenges, and live under the same microscope – your CFO peers.
Twice per year, the CFO Board Academy, led by Nick Fanandakis, CFO of DuPont, Kathy Waller, CFO of Coca-Cola, and Brett Biggs, CFO of Wal-Mart, convenes large-cap, U.S.-based CFOs to share insights and learn from each other’s hard-won experiences. Member CFOs set and lead the robust agendas, which include broad contextual overviews, deep dives, and company-specific case studies on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Global macro-economic, political, and regulatory landscape
- The CFO’s relationship with the board of directors, with specific emphasis on the audit and compensation committees
- Capital markets, optimal capital structures, and capital allocation
- Strategic planning, innovation, and M&A
- Navigating the investment community, earnings guidance, and Reg FD
- Enterprise risk management
- Healthcare and pension dynamics
- Specialty topics, such as cybersecurity, patents, and intellectual property
The CFO Board Academy is about applied learning.
The CFO Board Academy is not a media event, it’s not for show, and it’s not for passive observers. It’s for those CFOs who want to roll up their sleeves, open themselves to new ideas, and commit to helping other leaders meet the challenges of the day. The CFO Board Academy distinguishes itself with:
Insight: Led by member CFOs, complemented by world-class subject matter experts
Candor: Discrete, confidential, and off-the-record
Interactivity: Open dialogue rather than one-way panels, no Powerpoint
Intimacy: Membership capped at 50 CFOs
Efficiency: Two half-day sessions per year, preceded by social dinner the evening prior
Accessibility: Meetings convene in major financial centers, including New York, Chicago, and Dallas
If you’d like to explore the benefits of CFO Board Academy membership or attend the next roundtable session as our guest, please contact our Executive Director, Donna Gregor, at Donna@CFOBA.com.
“ Having an opportunity to present a distillation of the most important board issues from Audit and Comp committees is a winning formula for CEOs.”
– CHARLES HOLLEY, Former Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.